Funding Requests Approved:
- $1,450 to South Seas House to bring out the Long Beach Aquarium Mobile unit on two separate days, tentatively July 21st and August 10th. It will be coinciding with the opening of the Benny Potter Park Annex. 80 to 100 kids per hour can go through the mobile unit.
- $809.34 for a large bulletin board with locking glass doors to place on the front of the new utility/bathroom building at Benny Potter Park. This bulletin board would be used for UNNC agendas and information. and for anti-graffitti film
- $564 for the design and printing of 1000 UNNC promotional magnets.
- UNNC support the application for the sale of beer and wine at the 3060 S. Crenshaw Blvd Fresh n Easy uprovided, however; that the same conditions for security be applied as at the Fresh ‘n’ Easy at Central and Adams.
Announcements: Carlton Stubbs said that the Mayor’s Summer Night Lights program from 6am to midnight is starting up soon. Kids from 17-22 can apply for jobs with this program. It pays $3500 for the summer.
- Bong Hwan Kim and the Neighborhood Council Commissioners sent a certificate of appreciation and Mark Ridley-Thomas and the County Board of Supervisors acknowledged UNC10th Anniversary.
- $4,000 for Project Restore from Ecological Art Gallery for the creation of 4 artworks to be installed and rotated in public locations within the UNNC boundaries.
- $2,500 to Kitty Bungalow for a cat trap/spay/neuter program within the UNNC neighborhoods
- $2,697 for four historic decorative posts and installation materials for Western Heights traffic barriers.
- $1,248 for UNNC pop-up tent with logo for outreach events.